Monday, December 22, 2014

7 month update

He is seven and a half months here. But close enough to seven month documentation. 

He doesn't sit still much. He's mobile, but slow. Mostly he does the army crawl and fusses that he can't crawl fast enough. Last night (12/21) he did some real crawling, up on all fours. It's this pull between me wanting him to just be fast and mobile so he's not so fussy and also not wanting him to be fast and mobile because he will get into everything. And gates. We will be a house with gates again.

He's eating solids (has been for a while). Mostly baby oatmeal. He prefers plain food and locks his mouth shut after a bite or two of any veggie or fruit/veggie mix. I've offered him Mums, but he didn't get it. Ha! And Joe informed me that he has given Rocco the top to his hamburger bun at a restaurant before. Not sure how I feel about that ;) Rocco also had mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving. Loved them! He still isn't that into the bottle. It's odd to me. But he's growing and that's a good thing. He eats a ton over night because he doesn't get enough during the day. Stinker! His Dr told me to shove his face with solids so he gets enough calories and sleeps all night. Isn't as easy as she made it seem!

He adores Veda. She'll just be playing and doing her thing, usually bouncing around and making noise. Rocco will watch her and start cracking up. If I have to leave the room I always ask Veda to 'babysit' him. She finds great pride in that!

I think, maybe, he's getting more content? He'll putz around with big Lego Duplo blocks or his new favorite thing is to play with wrapping bows.

He takes two or three naps a day and is an early sleeper. He's usually asleep by 7 if not before. He has been fussing himself to sleep lately. I offer to rock him, but he is all over the place, crawling all over me as I sit in that rocking chair. Clearly not interested!

I still find Rocco my most finicky baby. He just is. How and when he wants to eat and sleep. I thought the third child was supposed to just go with the flow...

My all time favorite is his he hugs my neck to tight and nuzzles his head in there. It's so dear. He is our lover, that's for sure.


No comments: